Thankful Series- KKOctober 21, 2017
Book Review: HauntedOctober 25, 2017
If you think you have not done much in the year or you have not attended events to your satisfaction, trust me when I say November is the month for you. From books to fashion to arts and poetry. It is like angels of events concluded that November will be the month for them. I rounded up events coming up in November that might catch your fancy ;
- LAGOS INTERNATIONAL POETRY FESTIVAL Nov 1-5: I got to know about this through Instagram and I have never attended it. The theme of the festival is ‘Bridges from Walls’. Freedom Park I think is the major place. The guest line up is quite impressive; Wana Udobang, Titilope Sonuga, Rezthapoet, Sophia Walker, Toni Kan, Dami Ajayi, Chibuihe Obi, Koleka Putuma, Richard Ali, Sabrina Mahfouz and so many others will be there. I think I might attend the first or the last day.
Photo Credit: @lagospoetryfest
- ART X Nov 3-5: This is West Africa 1st International fair. It is set to hold at the Civic center, Victoria Island, Lagos.i don’t know much about it but according to it’s about page “Launched in 2016, ART X Lagos is West Africa’s first international art fair, which was designed to showcase the best and most innovative contemporary art from the African continent and diaspora, and to widen Nigeria’s connection to the art scene across Africa and internationally.”
Photo Credit: @artxlagos
- LAGOS BOOK AND ART FESTIVAL (Nov 6-12): This will be the 19th edition of the Festival. LABAF as is popularly called will be focusing on the theme: ERUPTIONS: Global FRACTURES & Collective Humanism,” at the Freedom Park, Lagos. There will be pre-festival events which will hold from November 6-8 at various venues. The main festival will hold from November 9-12.
Photo Credit: @labaf1
- GTB FASHION WEEKEND (Nov 11th – 12th): I remember feeling somewhat dejected when I saw pictures from last year’s event. I wanted to cry! I love fashion in my head but I won’t say I am the go-to person for fashion but I love the idea of a fashion weekend fair and the opportunity to take an Instagram worthy pictures and just have fun. There are a lot of buying and selling, runway shows and masterclasses. It is going to happen at Plot 1, Water Corporation Drive,Oniru Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos
Photo Credit: @gtbank
- AKE ARTS AND BOOK FESTIVAL (Nov 14-18): I spent all my sleeping hours researching and reading everything about Ake festival scheming and planning on how to go. Ake book festival is a place to be if you are a book lover, literatutre lover and lover of life. It holds in Ogun state and the usually have a visit to Olumo Rock. This year’s theme is This F-Word and it is centered around Creative women doing outstanding things in Africa and beyond. Ake festival is packed; Ayobami Adebayo, Aramide, Molara Wood, Nnedi Okorafor, Olumide Popoola, Toke Makinwa, Yvonne Owuor, Yolanda Mercy and so many others are Guest at the upcoming festival.
Photo Credit: @akefestival
Get your A-game on! It is going to be a LITTY November.Registrations are on-going for most festivals so you might want to do that ASAP.
I hope to attend at least a day of each hopefully. I wish I could do more but my bank account does not agree. I forgot to mention that my birthday is on the 12th of November. I have GT fashion weekend and LABAF to go to. I might go for one or just do something else. I am receiving birthday gifts already.
PS: if you need a partner or you don’t want to go alone. Hit me up! We could go together.